This blog has been up since 2009, and if you have been an avid follower you may have noticed that there are rises and slumps when it comes to my blogging.
I tend to blog when I am inspired, when I have time, when I am going through something or when I just feel like I need to be heard for whatever reason. This space is more about me than entertaining you who is reading this.
I like jotting down my thoughts especially when I feel like I need to empty my head. Right now my mind still isn’t the best place to be. I am struggling to control my thoughts, what goes in there and the direction they lead me to.
Bed time and mornings are the absolute worst times, plus Sunday afternoons. Today morning for some reason was particularly difficult, I thought I was gonna cry at one point but the tears wouldn’t come out..
I would really love to run away from my thoughts, from that sinking feeling from the pit of my stomach and the depths of my soul. All these feelings seem to be going away slowly, I just wish it would go away faster because I am mentally and emotionally exhausted.
I came across a blog I had long forgotten called Marc and Angel Hack Life that I used to like reading once upon a time. It has some brilliant tips for productive living that I have decided to go through.
Today i discovered this article: 12 Ways to Turn Your Wounds into Wisdom and Strength and I just need to highlight a few things that resonated with me, and hopefully for future reference:
- At some point, you will come to realize that living the good life involves some amount of necessary pain.
- Pain is for the living – for those of us who still have the chance of a lifetime. Only the dead don’t feel it, because their time is already up.
- The frequent attempt to conceal emotional pain increases the burden.
This is me admitting I am in emotional pain by the way :p
- You’ve got to emotionally free yourself from the things that once meant a lot to you, so you can move beyond the past and the pain it brings you.
- Emotionally detach yourself from your problems.
I dunno how this works for someone with all of the feels.
- Every situation in our lives has a lesson to teach us.
I have really struggled to find out what this experience is meant to teach me..
- A big part of your life is a result of the choices you make. If you don’t like some part of your life, then it is time to start making changes and better choices.
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.”
- There is always a reason to celebrate.
- “Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.” No matter what sort of difficulties, or how painful an experience is, if you lose your hope, that’s your real tragedy.
I am struggling with this..
- Remind yourself that you are not alone.
- The truth is that what people say and do to you is much more about them, than you.
- Remember, strength doesn’t come from comfort; it comes from stretching your comfort zone and overcoming all the things you once thought you couldn’t handle.
- In the end, the strongest people are the ones who feel pain, accept it, learn from it, and fight through it.