This blog has been up since 2009, and if you have been an avid follower you may have noticed that there are rises and slumps when it comes to my blogging.
I tend to blog when I am inspired, when I have time, when I am going through something or when I just feel like I need to be heard for whatever reason. This space is more about me than entertaining you who is reading this.
I like jotting down my thoughts especially when I feel like I need to empty my head. Right now my mind still isn’t the best place to be. I am struggling to control my thoughts, what goes in there and the direction they lead me to.
Bed time and mornings are the absolute worst times, plus Sunday afternoons. Today morning for some reason was particularly difficult, I thought I was gonna cry at one point but the tears wouldn’t come out..
I would really love to run away from my thoughts, from that sinking feeling from the pit of my stomach and the depths of my soul. All these feelings seem to be going away slowly, I just wish it would go away faster because I am mentally and emotionally exhausted.
I came across a blog I had long forgotten called Marc and Angel Hack Life that I used to like reading once upon a time. It has some brilliant tips for productive living that I have decided to go through.
Today i discovered this article: 12 Ways to Turn Your Wounds into Wisdom and Strength and I just need to highlight a few things that resonated with me, and hopefully for future reference:
- At some point, you will come to realize that living the good life involves some amount of necessary pain.
- Pain is for the living – for those of us who still have the chance of a lifetime. Only the dead don’t feel it, because their time is already up.
- The frequent attempt to conceal emotional pain increases the burden.
This is me admitting I am in emotional pain by the way :p
- You’ve got to emotionally free yourself from the things that once meant a lot to you, so you can move beyond the past and the pain it brings you.
- Emotionally detach yourself from your problems.
I dunno how this works for someone with all of the feels.
- Every situation in our lives has a lesson to teach us.
I have really struggled to find out what this experience is meant to teach me..
- A big part of your life is a result of the choices you make. If you don’t like some part of your life, then it is time to start making changes and better choices.
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.”
- There is always a reason to celebrate.
- “Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.” No matter what sort of difficulties, or how painful an experience is, if you lose your hope, that’s your real tragedy.
I am struggling with this..
- Remind yourself that you are not alone.
- The truth is that what people say and do to you is much more about them, than you.
- Remember, strength doesn’t come from comfort; it comes from stretching your comfort zone and overcoming all the things you once thought you couldn’t handle.
- In the end, the strongest people are the ones who feel pain, accept it, learn from it, and fight through it.
Thank God It’s Friday!!
I am so grateful that this long week is over, I think I deserve a medal for surviving through it like a rockstar 🙂
Remember when we were little girls and our biggest aspirations was to be the girl who presented the president with a bouquet of flowers at official events? Saw a picture today that had me all nostalgic.
I miss blog challenges as well, but I feel like people are too busy not blogging or being online influencers to take the time to take part in one..
I am excited about
Going to see my cousin tomorrow, I am so stoked actually.
Today I Am Feeling
kinda hopeful even if I am not meant to be..
Today’s Funky Friday Theme Song Is
This song is such a banger!
I am craving
peace of mind.
I knew how to make my hair shine
Things will continue getting easier.
Today’s Inspirational Quote Is
Have A Fantastic Friday!
I had like over 8 hours of sleep last night and woke up ready to kick this day’s ass. I pumped major metal
what’s major to me may be minor to you at the gym and my hands are so sore but i still feel good 🙂
I started this fit life business in the beginning of February, and so far I am loving it. I do not know where I am getting the stamina to get out of bed and head to the gym, avoiding traffic is a very good motivator though.
I’ve been eating healthier and working out almost 6 times a week, I really do not know who I have become. I dont even feel like eating junk which was something that was always on my mind. It feels strange but I like it.
This song has been playing around me all week, I think Wizkid has mastered the winning hit formula.
I will leave you with something I spotted online today
Food for thought
March has to be better, it just has to..
I joined a new gym in February and so far I am loving it. It’s convenient as it’s just next to my office, and the facilities are pretty good as well. I dont think I have ever made as much of an effort to work out as I do now, and i am already seeing results 🙂
I had fun celebrating the February babies that i know during this month as well.
I cut my hair a week before my birthday in January, so i joined the naptural movement. It’s been good so far, though i now get why it’s called a journey seeing that so much work is involved. I love how healthy and thick my hair is, it had really been thinning out when it was relaxed and i was never happy with it that way.
I discovered what I want to pursue for my Masters, and i got accepted at a great school 🙂
It’s been a hard month that i wont lie. I have never been able to adjust to change, especially when i dont know what brought it on, and if i feel like nothing needed to change. Been struggling with that and i am at the stage where something’s really gotta give.
This natural hair thing isn’t easy, people feel the need to keep touching your hair, and commenting about it. That ish needs to die.
- I hate feeling like i am not the best version of myself.
- The same boiling water that softens the potato, hardens the egg. It’s about what you’re made of… not the circumstances.
- Self preservation is key.
How was your February? What are you looking forward to in March?