This being my last day as a 26 year old
and the last time I will ever utter my real age forever and ever I thought it would be a good idea to maybe list down a few things which I need to change or be keen on on the eve of my new year.
- I should probably write more life experiences, be more funny? I blame this blog and it’s funny stories. I really am suffering from writers envy because I was thoroughly entertained. It’s always cool discovering new blogs, especially interesting ones. Definitely inspired to do better.
- Let things go. Dont carry dead weight. Keep it moving.
- My job requires me to be very patient, this is a virtue which I am still trying to nurture. I told a friend of mine how I pray for patience but I dont think my prayers were being answered because I never felt like I was being a patient person. She told me that God was answering my prayers by presenting situations where my patience would be tested. This made a lot of sense, because how else will I learn how to be patient? Needless to say, I stopped praying for patience, I can only be put through so many tests. But I do need to learn how to handle people when they are testing my patience.
- I am a Meru, and I do have that temper we are synonymous for. It only rares it’s ugly head when people are late, lie to me, treat me like shit or make me do stuff that i do not like. Anyhuuu some of these things may happen unintentionally, so in reference to number 2, I really need to breathe out, take a chill pill and not blow someone’s head off. Though I think when someone does something wrong, it’s important to let them know that what they did wasnt cool. Right?
- Treasure all your loved ones, always, everyday and in every way. On this particular day, I torture myself every year over the loss of a relationship I never had a chance to form. I have no memories to celebrate about, as a result I just have to make a conscious decision not to feel bad about it.
- Listen more. We always talk and rarely listen. I especially hate being told what to do, this needs to change.
- I tend to be stubborn sometimes too. Reduce.
- Drake lied when he sang about no new friends. New friends are awesome, make more.
- Leave the past behind, where it is meant to stay.
- Quit comparing yourself to others, you are your own person and you will go through your own triumphs.
- Reach out to people you have lost touch with.
- If something feels wrong, it probably is.
- Make more of an effort to dress well always, not just when going out. Instead of shying away from attention, beckon it.
- Not everything is personal.
- Stop trying to please everybody, do you.
ok I cant reach 26 things right now, these will have to do for now. I’m off to go enjoy the last few hours of this day.