First up, my apologies, I was not able to do TGIFridays last week, got caught up with work and stuff. But instead of telling you what I hoped for for the weekend, I can actually tell you what went down today 🙂
I went for drinks with the girls on Friday night at a new lounge that I had kept on hearing about. It was quite nice, loved the ambience and the prices. We went dancing soon after that and we had a ball.
I bonded with my bed and my telly for the rest of the weekend, it is amazing the fact that I slept for so many hours and I am still so sleepy. Despite the fact that in essence my weekend was very boring, I was still thoroughly entertained and enlightened thanks to social media and my mother. Here are a few things I learnt and pondered about this weekend.
- I am still as clueless as ever it seems, contrary to my belief that I know stuff. I also realised I have no clue where Githurai is. In my mind it is somewhere past Ngara, but apparently it is somewhere along Thika Road? I really need to explore my city 🙂
- The fact that I will not be compensated for all my hard work and effort, deeply saddens and demotivated me. I had convinced myself that all this was in preparation for something better, but I do not know any more. I do not think I have the strength to keep persevering through this any more. Instead I will focus my energy on stuff that will actually benefit me and make me happy 🙂
- I got to talk to the people I was yearning for 😉 Could it be that they yearn for me too? time will tell
- After a very enlightening conversation with my mummy, I discovered the importance of male circumcision and how it moulds boys into becoming men so I should choose my men wisely, and why she is not worried about the fact that married is sort of a pipe dream for me.
- Sometimes you can be given advice, it enters one ear and get’s out of the other. You have to make your own mistakes to experience life, but that does not mean turning a deaf ear.
- Awkward moments come and go, it is never that serious.
- My ears heat up when I blush or laugh.
- I miss my friends in the UK immensely.
- Delamere Yoghurt is very delicious, taking smooth creaminess to escalated levels.
- I think I am over you, even if I was never really ‘under’ you.. (This applies to more than one person)
Feel free to share what you learnt this past weekend.
Have a blessed week.