For those who may not know, a bucket list is a list of things you would like to do before you kick the bucket. I am currently maintaining a firm handle on my youth and I believe there are still so many things I have not managed to do with my life.
I was telling someone about how I have no goals, I just live for the moment and tackle whatever it is that may come my way. I do not necessarily work towards something, I just work to get the job done.
Yes, you may insert your disapproval here.
It hit me as I thought about the contents of my bucket list, will these things constitute what my goals should be??
Coming up with this list has made me reflect on what I would like to do with my life, and what would make me feel fulfilled. So here goes nothing:
- To XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX only my very close friends know what this is 😉
- To become published be it a book, or an article in a magazine. I would really love to write for True Love as a start and then other globally established magazines like Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire.
- I would love to generate revenue from my blog. I guess the first step towards achieving that would be to register a domain. That is pretty easy, but I must come up with the perfect name and address for it first.
- I am working on buying a car as soon as possible. The daily commute has been a great inconvenience for me ever since we moved to the burbs eons ago. A vehicle is a very important necessity for me, plus I think it is just the epitome of independence. I can go wherever I want, whenever I want, and be sure I will look good doing it.
- Keeping in line with number 4, I must drive on that nightmare of a road known as Thika Road, and I must be a driver on a road trip be it upcountry or Naivasha and ultimately Mombasa.
- I plan on opening a store and selling custom made jewellery, accessories and eventually clothes. If I was to dream bigger, I would want to open a franchise in Kenya, then EA, Africa and eventually the whole world.
- I would love to travel a whole lot more, and marvel at the wonders and beauty of this world that is supposedly ending. I would love to party in South Africa, go for Mardi gras in Brazil, attend an international sevens tournament in Edinburgh or Adelaide, attend a concert at Madison Square Gardens, I must go to Las Vegas and BMF. I wish I could be lucky enough to do something that requires frequent travel.
- I must attend a football match at Nyayo Stadium, and a premier league football match. Now that I do not dabble in the goings on in soccer right now, the match I choose to attend will depend on the level of hotness of the players 😉
- I would like to try my hand at a round of golf. I think I am good at it but I haven’t had a chance to test that theory since I have never tried it.
- I must get my picture taken by Jim Chuchu and the guy for True Love, I think his name is David. I somehow must get featured on True Love to be able to get my picture taken by David. As for Jim Chuchu, I hear he does not take portraits anymore, regardless of who you are. I always keep begging my friend to make this dream happen but it seems to be futile. I want him to take my picture so badly, Jim Chuchu if you are reading this, please make this wish come true. Otherwise I will have to result to finding a way to accidentally stumble upon one of his shoots and immerse myself inside it!
- I need me a blackberry like really really bad! The need is insane, but clearly not insane enough for me to go out and buy one. Hopefully I will get those jobs where they will give me one for free, or I will win one in some competition (Fat chance) or some man will buy me one (obese chance).
- I have always wanted to go white water rafting, it seems like the ultimate fun adventure. Sometime soon I think I will rally up a bunch of my friends and head over to Sagana and have a go at the rapids.
- I have secretly been longing to do those star jump things outside malls like Junction, but they are used mostly by kids and I would not wanna make a fool outta myself, because I am sure at that precise moment people I know will emerge from nowhere lol. But I will give it a try once my friend comes home to visit : ) I have also wanted to enter that big plastic bubble outside prestige parking lot upstairs. I think I need to kidnap my nieces and nephews, they can be my golden ticket.
- I would love to go all Coyote Ugly and dance on top of a bar. I need to be sober in order to be able to manoeuvre up there, but I need the liquid courage to get up there in the first place, anyhoosmu it must be done someday soon.
- This may never happen, but my dream is to meet JayZ. All I can do is pray he will one day feel the need to come to Kenya or East Africa and then I will do whatever it takes to make sure I see him.
- I have to go to a casino again. I have only been to one once, and I loved it, and I discovered why gambling is an addiction, but I just need to back there once more and try my luck on the slot machines.
- I have always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride at The Mara or wherever else they have it.
- This random thought has just entered my head; I would love to crash grapes with my feet at a vineyard. Are there vineyards in Kenya???
So far these just seem to be fun things I would like to do, you know, the meal I will eat using a big spoon. I wouldn’t say they are things I would feel mortified about if I did not do them before I died, except maybe number one 😉 But I would feel fulfilled and happy if I did these things so somehow I will embark on a mission to fulfil them one way or another.
This was actually a fun exercise coming up with this list, feel free to share what is on your bucket list.